On-Site Search Engine Optimisation
Content Plus Code Equals Customers.
The Non-Techie Bit of On-Site SEO
On-Site SEO consultants can get pretty geeky. Its easy to slip into jargon about ‘meta tags’ and ’301 redirects’ when talking about how to make a website optimised for search engines.
On-Site SEO is essentially the process of making a website designed to be consumed by humans understandable to a Google robot.
The good news is, that if you take away the technical jargon and concentrate on creating great, relevant, engaging content that humans want to read and share – then the Google bot will also like it.
Non-Techie On-Site SEO includes:
- Well written copy that takes into account SEO keywords.
- The creation of infographics that influential bloggers want to link to or share with their social network.
- Regularly updated, fresh content that gives people a reason to return to your websites over and over again.
- Simple menus and navigation that helps your website visitors find the content they want.
The Techie Bit of On-Site SEO
Sometimes, On-Site SEO is made easier by the IT systems you have in place. For example, if you use a CMS website platform like WordPress, then a lot of good SEO practise is taken care of automatically.
The Techie bit of On-Site SEO can include:
- SEO Keyword Optimised Page Titles and Descriptions.
- Internal Linking
- Adding ALT tags and links to images.
- Optimising link anchor text and URL formats
- Canonical tags and 301 redirects
- W3C code validity and page load time
The Pilote On-Site SEO Process
Using our integrated SEO platform, we can identify the pages on your website which are not optimised for the keywords that you are trying to rank for. We can then create tasks to fix those pages and track the results over time.
Call us to talk about On-Site SEO as part of our SEO services.