Video SEO – Making the Most of Enhanced Search Results
VSEO – Or just getting your video thumbnail seen…
Video SEO is yet another example of how good content should be the cornerstone of your digital marketing strategy.
Like professionally written copy, good video clips pack a punch when it comes to ranking your site higher than the competition in search engines like Google and sites like YouTube.
Engaging, relevant video content performs two essential functions.
- Good video, embedded in your site gives people a good reason to link to your pages, which is a great way to be given links and help your SEO.
- Video that is optimised using titles, tags and other techniques can rank way above your text copy in the search engines ‘blended’ or ‘enhanced’ listings which show more than just page results, but also include video thumbnails, images and locations.
Google and Bing Aren’t the Only Search Engines
The phrase to ‘Google’ something has become synonumous with searching on the internet, but there are search boxes on YouTube and Facebook as well.
Some commentators, (including some that might be biased because they are pushing Video SEO) believe that YouTube is the world’s second biggest search engine.
The site boasts around 3 billion searches a month, and you don’t have to be an extreme sports brand or DIY store to create compelling video content that people want to watch.
VSEO – Some Basics to Get you Started.
If you’ve had a look around our site and read a bit about our transparent SEO process, you might have read about the importance of keyword research. Keywords are important for Video SEO too.
Here are 3 simple tips, once you have done your keyword research and produced your great, link generating video content.
- Use your best keyword in your video title. But make sure it is relevant to the content. No SEO spam!
- Like the description tag in good on-site SEO a video description should include keywords, but also give potential viewers a reason to want to watch. Descriptions can also include links to your website.
- Change the file name of your video before you upload it.
For more tips about Video SEO, call us on 03 9010 5502 or drop us a line with your questions.